What can you do with no time, seventeen figs, and some chicken? Roast! This Roasted Fig Chicken was a pleasant surprise on a busy night. I used very little prep time and what I had on hand: figs from our tree, CSA and garden vegetables, and chicken.
Seventeen Figs and a Chicken (Roasted Fig Chicken)
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 17 figs, 13 whole, 4 chopped
- 5-6 red potatoes, whole
- 1 med onion, sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced (I used bell)
- 2-3 tbsp c grated Asiago (or other hard cheese)
- 3-5 cloves garlic. whole
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh oregano
- Salt/Pepper/Season to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Saute about ¼ c of the onion and pepper with 4 chopped figs.
- Prepare chicken (pat dry, pound in seasoning, cut a slit to stuff).
- Stuff chicken with sauteed onion/pepper/fig mix and Asiago cheese.
- Arrange chicken in Pyrex dish.
- Throw in the remaining onion, pepper, and figs, along with potatoes, garlic cloves, and seasonings.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for one hour.
©Copyright Pennie Nichols. All Rights Reserved. 2016