If you like to grill or bake boneless, skinless chicken breasts, try a sour cream marinade. Your marinade can be different every time. Start with sour cream, a little oil, and garlic, then add the herbs, spices, and condiments that suit you and suit the meal.
Sour Cream Marinade
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 cloves garlic (OK to sub ½ – 1 tsp powdered garlic or 1-2 tsp garlic flakes if you don’t have fresh garlic)
- sweet: 1 tbsp honey, but molasses, agave, coconut or brown sugar also work well. I’ve also used pepper jellies (sweet heat) and fresh fruit (such as mango or peaches)
- herbs & spices: 1-2 tbsp dried (more if fresh) herbs and spices. Basil, rosemary, dill, oregano, thyme, parsley, and sage are good go to herbs. Other seasonings chili powder, paprika, cumin, other pepper powders, cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric.
- tang: Sour cream is tangy on its own, but I often add a little more tang: 1 tbsp mustard, fresh or pickled ginger, lemon or lime juice, vinegar, or citrus zest.
- salt to taste (I don’t use salt, but 1-2 tsp should suffice if you do)
- Place all ingredients in a grinder, chopper, or food processor.
That’s it! Use as a marinade for chicken. Perhaps start with boneless, skinless grilled chicken.
© Copyright Pennie Nichols. All Rights Reserved. 2016