Looking for something new to do with your beans? Grilled snap beans! This is another grill to oven recipe for using up those generous boxes of summer CSA vegetables. You’ll need a grill basket or grill pan.
You may be tempted to eat these straight from the grill, but that extra step to the oven = feta baked into the grilled goodness. Worth it.
Grilled Snap Beans with Feta
- 1 lb snap beans, ends snipped and strings removed (I used wax and snap beans)
- 1 med to large onion, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1-2 whole fresh tomatoes
- 1-2 whole fresh peppers, sweet or hot (I used bell)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano (sub other fresh and dried herbs and seasonings)
- salt and pepper to taste (I didn’t use any)
- ½ c feta cheese
- Transfer beans and onions to grill basket, careful not to drip too much oil into grill.
- Place tomatoes and peppers directly on grill.
- Grill on high to med high for about 5-8 minutes, stirring beans and turning tomatoes and peppers every couple of minutes.
- Remove beans to a 9X12 baking dish.
- Place tomatoes and peppers in a bowl and cover with a lid or plastic to allow them to “sweat.”
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel skin off of tomatoes and peppers.
- Remove stems, and de-seed peppers.
- Grind tomatoes and peppers in mini food processor (OK to chop if you prefer them chunkier)
- Pour tomatoes and peppers on top of beans and toss.
- Sprinkle feta on top of beans. You can leave the cheese on top or toss it into the bean mixture.
- Bake for 20 min.
- If you love garlic-heavy dishes, place a head of garlic in foil, drizzle with olive oil, and place on the grill with the vegetables. Grind the roasted garlic with the tomatoes and peppers.
- If you like beans with slivered almonds or other nuts, add these when the beans go to the oven.
NOTE: Snap and green and string are all the same thing when they’re a bean.
If you like this grill to oven recipe, check out my grill to oven squash and zucchini.
© Copyright Pennie Nichols. All Rights Reserved. 5016