Our CSA boxes from Luckett Farms include zucchini for more than half the year. The new-things-to-do-with-zucchini struggle is real, but I haven’t lost a zucchini yet. Zucchini straws make a great crispy side or snack. Quick and simple. Works with yellow squash too!
- 3-4 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oregano (OK to sub other herbs)
- 1 tbsp flour or fine corn meal (optional)
- Preheat airfryer to 330º (if using oven, preheat to 400º).
- Grind the garlic with the olive oil, oregano, and salt.
- Toss the spiralized zucchini in the oil mixture, coating well.
- If using, sprinkle with flour/meal and toss more.
- To airfry
- Place about a third of the zucchini in the airfryer at a time (don’t overfill)
- Cook in three minute intervals for 9-12 minutes, tossing every three minutes.
- To bake
- Spread zucchini “thinly” on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes.
- If necessary, bake another 10 minutes.
- To airfry
© Copyright Pennie Nichols. All Rights Reserved. 2016
I LOVE this recipe! Will be trying this tomorrow!
Yum! Gonna try in my convection oven tonight!! Thanks for the inspiration!
You’re welcome. 🙂